What is RSS?'Eatsmart@school.hk Campaign' news headlines and summary texts are now available via "really simple syndication" (RSS). RSS is a straightforward way for you to keep up-to-date with the latest news via subscribing RSS feeds in the 'Eatsmart@school.hk Campaign' website. While an updated news is published in 'Eatsmart@school.hk Campaign' website, you will receive it automatically without the need to visit our website.
How can I subscribe to RSS feeds?
The most common ways to view RSS feeds are:
- Using an Internet browser equipped with an RSS subscription function. Most browsers can present the headlines of RSS feeds in the form of browser bookmarks;
- Using an email service that supports RSS subscription. Some email services allow you to read the latest feed content and check your email at the same time; or
- Using a dedicated RSS reader, which is a software developed to view feeds with more advanced functions.
|You can subscribe to an RSS feed in two simple steps:|
|1. Choose an RSS reader to view a feed|
|2. Indicate the RSS feed to which you would like to subscribe|
- Using a browser equipped with an RSS reader
Some browsers allow subscriptions to RSS feeds. The browser will display an RSS button at the end of the address bar or in the tool bar whenever you visit a webpage that provides a feed. Just click on the RSS icon to subscribe. You can then view the latest information via the browser's bookmarks or a shortcut in the tool bar.
Tips on RSS subscription for Firefox users
Tips on RSS subscription for Internet Explorer 7.0 users
- Using an email service equipped with an RSS reader
Some email services now integrate RSS readers with the email inbox. You can subscribe to your favourite RSS feed by copying an address of an RSS feed such as "http://school.eatsmart.gov.hk/eng/rss/highlight.xml", and pasting it to the relevant subscription box.
Tips on RSS subscription for Yahoo Mail users
- Using a dedicated RSS Reader
Free RSS readers are easy to find by searching online with keywords such as "RSS reader". When you have subscribed to or installed a dedicated RSS reader, you can add an RSS feed by copying an address, such as "http://school.eatsmart.gov.hk/eng/rss/highlight.xml", and pasting it to the subscription box of your reader.
Tips on RSS subscription for users of the Google RSS reader