The "EatSmart@school.hk" campaign promotes healthy eating to children and the school lunch caterers play an important role of it.
To equip chefs and staff of school lunch caterers, whom get involved in the recipe design and development, with a better understanding of the nutritional requirement of school children and to share the skills for recipe development and preparing healthy school lunch, the Department of Health has organized the 'Nutritional Cooking Training Workshop for Chefs' since August 2007. To go in line with the newly revised “Nutritional Guidelines on Lunch for Students” (2014) and to share the findings of the ‘Nutrient Testing of School Lunch in Primary Schools in Hong Kong 2013’ , this year’s workshop provided the following additional information:
- Updated recommendations on serving size of lunch for students
- Vegetarian meals
- Food arrangement during festival seasons at schools
- Result of the "Nutrient Testing of School Lunch in Primary Schools in Hong Kong 2013"
- Ways to estimate and reduce the sodium content in the lunch boxes
Participants from 5 school lunch suppliers and school canteens attended the 'Nutritional Cooking Training Workshop for Chefs' on 26 August 2016.
Participated School Lunch Suppliers and School Canteens (in alphabetical order):
- Compass Group HK Limited
- Deli Fresh Limited
- Delicious Chef King Catering Limited
- ELDCHK, Crace Court
- Yeung Kin Caterer
- 2015 Chef's Workshop
- 2014 Chef's Workshop
- 2013 Chef's Workshop
- 2012 Chef's Workshop
- 2011 Chef's Workshop
- 2010 Chef's Workshop
- 2009 Chef's Workshop
- 2008 Chef's Workshop
- 2007 Chef's Workshop (Dec)
- 2007 Chef's Workshop (Aug)